||Professor (Major General (rtd) Lekoa Solly Mollo
|Brief Bio :
- Special Advisor to the South African Minister of Public Service and Administration
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Witwatersrand in Public and Development Management
- Professor Extraordinaire at the University of Stellenbosch Business School
- Chief Human Resource Support for the South African National Defence Force (SANDF)
- Commandant of the South African Military Academy
- Former Umkhonto weSizwe (MK) combatant and represented MK in the military negotiations for the formation of the new SANDF
- Member of the Military Court of Appeals
- President of the South African Military History Commission
- PG: Protea Gold for Leadership
- MMS: Military Merit Silver for serving the liberation army selflessly with outstanding leadership
- MMM: Military Merit Medal for selfless service in the negotiation and integration of former adversary forces
||Prof. Mollo studied Law and holds two masters degrees from the US Naval Postgraduate School: one in International Security and Civil Military Relations, and another in National Security Affairs on Regional Studies of Sub-Saharan Africa.
|Contact Number :
||012 441 6000
|E-mail Address :
ABOUT THE BRANCH
The Office of the Director-General is the highest executive office in PALAMA. The Director-General, as Accounting Officer of the department, leads and provides strategic vision and direction; orchestrates activities and creates harmony within the department; and allocates resources. The Director-General also undertakes strategic communication with key stakeholders, including but not limited to, state departments, Parliament and the media. The Director-General also leads the organisational change and transformation agenda, whilst at the same time ensuring adherence to good corporate governance practices, and financial viability and sustainability of the trading entity of the department. The Office of the Director-General also contributes to strategic and intellectual discourse on capacity building in the public service domestically and internationally. The responsibilities also include forging strategic international partnerships, mobilising resources from the donor community, and facilitating the department's engagement in the global knowledge exchange network through mutually beneficial partnerships with institutions on the African Continent and around the world.
The Director-General reports to the Minister for the Public Service and Administration, and ensures that the department supports the Ministry in leading the Public Service and Administration portfolio.